Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I did a makeover on the cover of this album

This album was ugly (to me anyway, but I like that old, dirty, distressed look)- it was shiny bright red with white flowers. I should have taken a picture before I started on it. It just didn't match the pages so I had to give it a makeover! I painted it white, dry brushed java walnut ink to distress it, inked it with Close To My Heart Desert Sand- my favorite shade of brown, then sprayed it with sparkle spray. I'm sealing it with matte clear sealer to keep the aged, distressed look and still make it able to be handled without messing up the cover.
the back cover is above, the front cover is below. I love the way it turned out!!! It didn't take as long as it sounds like and I did it while I was watching tv so I was wasting time anyway. Have you watched Momma's boys? Those people are nuts! lol! I sprayed the sparkle spray on it and I liked the spattered look it gave it and how it blended the paint, and the inks together so I gave it another few sprays and went to bed. I woke up this morning anxious to see how it turned out- I know, what a geek! LOL! Now I love this album! I showed it to Mom today and she loved it. She had no idea I was making an album just to showcase some of the ornaments she has made for us over the years. I don't think she had realized how much I treasure the ornaments so it was fun to let her see for herself.