Wednesday, January 14, 2009

got some emails about how I did the album cover....

These 3 pictures are are out of order and would make more sense at the bottom of the others, but after my post a little bit ago I went ahead and inked the album cover so you could see how much inking I'm talking about. I edited the post to include these new pictures but they loaded at the top instead of at the bottom.

Anyway, I inked really heavy with brown ink- make sure to get the edges of the album too or it looks weird when you are finished. I let the ink dry one or two minutes then sprayed a good bunch of the sparkle spray on. It is random and I don't want it to look smooth or I don't get the distressed look that I want. I let that dry really well and if it looks like I want it to I'll seal it. If it needs more I'll spray it again then seal it when it is dry. Do it to look ever how you want it too. I'm a big fan of the distressed look so I like it to look old and worn out. ;) Marla


In the background are the products I used. I redid the back cover so you could see what it looks like along the way. I painted with plain white paint, then I sprayed java walnut ink on a paper plate and used a dry brush to streak up the white paint. I added white paint to the plate and blended it together a bit to get the effect I wanted. When this dries I will ink it with CTMH desert sand ink. Then I will let that dry and spray it with the sparkle spray by tulip- it is in the clothing embellishment section at HL. Once that dries I'll seal it and it will look like the cover. Hope that helps! :) Marla

the back and front cover- back is in progress, front is finished so you can get an idea of what everything looks like. my next step from where this one is shown is brown ink once the paint dries.


better view of the products I used.