Tuesday, January 6, 2009

poem from a friend

I'm not the working woman in the business suit and heels
I'm the mommy cleaning the house and cooking the family meals.
I'm not the gal with the fancy car taking conference calls
I'm the mommy kissing booboos when my little toddler falls.
I'm not the lady in the big office with the city sky-line view
I'm the mommy rocking a baby and listening to her coo.
I'm not the woman managing an office space downtown
I'm the mom who's playing Candy Land and still in my night gown.
I'm not the busy lady making calls and taking notes
I'm the mommy wiping runny noses and zipping up warm coats.
I'm not the woman pursuing a high paying big, career
I'm the mommy who chose to stay home...'cause I've got kids to rear!
I may not have a paycheck or a nice 401K
but I cherish each day I can watch my kids grow and home is where I'll stay!!!!!